Friday, 3 July 2015

A10 remedial works

Yes, it's not even flown yet and already I have found areas to improve the big A10. The first was this - the bulkhead where I split the fuselage for transport.

This should have been at least 1/8th inch birch ply, but I failed to realise the moment load of nose weight.
A gap was clearly evident as the liteply former deformed under load, so I cut a slot in, let in a full depth / full width 1/4 inch birch ply plate. 

This was then attached to the bending former with 1" hard triangular stock balsa.

Testing to come this weekend!

No comments:

Post a comment