Monday, 3 August 2015

A10 final check ups..

Well, I think she's ready.

I moved the C of G back around about 30mm - it just looked so excessively forward, I was very worried.  Checking this through using online calculators, my fears were substantiated.  All that lead that I put into the nose has been reduced by a quarter, and the CoG now sits just behind the main spar (160mm from root LE) at 10% stability, which I know from experience of using that same calculator is still quite conservative.

I've made up a set of silver foil bags for all the parts, so she shouldn't get battered around in transport any more!  I also did some weathering and added panel lines.  Short of a full charge for the batteries again, that's it - flight ready.