Thursday, 20 October 2016

Ilyushin IL-102 build - wing veneer and engines

Last night, I set the wings in their beds with the poplar veneer attached by a thin skim of Gorilla Glue.  This morning I pulled them from the beds, gave them a quick sand, and hey presto!  Two panels ready for LE and TE's.


The engine pods have now had their final shaping, and a little light filling where required due to dings and scrapes from handling.  Here they are on the fuselage for a quick dummy run.


And the engines on their own, ready for the centres to be cut out on the fretsaw.


No comments:

Post a comment