Thursday, 17 November 2016

C17 Globemaster III build - spoiler and aileron progress

Whilst the wing is still in such an unfinished state, I thought it would be a good time to try out my ideas for the spoiler mechanism on the top surface.  I cut the spoiler itself from 1/16th" birch ply, then mounted it to the wing with a tape hinge.  I used one of the flat metal gear / digital Corona servos (5kg pull) screwed to the mounting plate for the trials.  A short linkage made up from M2 parts was made up, and we were off :

The wiring location is of course just temporary here.  I have yet to cut the final channels through the foam for these last leads.

So, with the aileron mounted too, this is what it looks like :


That should stop her in a hurry! 😚

So I removed it all, and then added internal brace-work to stiffen things up, and I will add hinge hard points to this too.  Getting exciting - I am very near to doing the final parts on this wing panel now.





No comments:

Post a comment