Monday 13 February 2017

C17 Globemaster III build - Flap and spolier

Even though I had already tested these "loosely" earlier on in the build, I am getting close to closing up everything on the port wing ready for glassing, so I need to finalise pushrods, servo install positions etc.

Most of my time was spent trying to figure out what I had done last time, and going through old pictures on my phone to get that information!  In the end, I build a small test piece on a plank of wood, and proved out the linkage positions and lengths.

Here is a video of the flap operation, using the servo-slow function on my Horus :


Here are a couple of views with the "full stopping power" applied - ailerons and spoiler up, flap full down.  Hopefully that'll make this big beastie pull up quick on the landing run.



I actually think there is a little more down-flap available, so I could get perhaps 5 more degrees down, if required.

No comments:

Post a Comment