This hasn't slowed down this modeller however, meaning that I have been flying drones a lot more and getting models prepped and finished as much as I can for "when the wind will come again".
So, models then. This little P51 is a Black Horse model that I found on the BMFA classifieds as an un-started kit.
Here she is, finished and RTF at 2lbs 2ozs. That's with about 5ozs of noseweight - which I could have saved if I wasn't so lazy with the radio install...
..which is shown here. I could have moved the servos up in front of the wing, but that would have meant new control snakes, and...well...I didn't have any and I just wanted her finished.
Nice big access hatch!
She has got a semi-symmetrical wing (2 part plug-in, with an aluminium spar, ace!) so won't fly in the lightest of winds. We will see.