Friday 10 February 2023

The more things change, the more they stay the same

Well, about 8 months since my last post, and there's so much to write about.

Over the Covid lockdowns I looked more seriously at buying a second hand in NW Wales, for holidays and maybe some rental income.  The houses I ended up looking at became more expensive, and the dear Wifey said that I'd need a job up there to afford them instead. Hmmm...15 minutes later in Google, and I'd found one worth applying for.  

To my amazement I was asked to do a first interview very quickly over Zoom, then invited in for the second interview on site where I was offered the job as I went to leave.  They must have been desperate!  I of course accepted, and the rest is (recent) history - a hectic 3 months later we moved to the Lleyn Peninsula, right next to amazing slopes and a fantastic flat field club on my doorstep.  

The change in industry and product has done wonders for my mental health, and we're starting to feel more settled each week.  The workshop shed was erected 4 weeks after moving in, but has only recently been cleared enough of moving boxes and other "stuff" to allow me to build a bit.

The 3D printing business is still going flat out too, so it's a fine balance at the moment between keeping customers happy and getting to aeromodel, but I'm getting there.

I recently bought back my SBD that I missed quite a bit (seller's regret is terrible!), and picked up a 3rd hand JP to fill that little space left by the selling of my mass build one many years ago.


At the moment I'm concentrating on getting those few repairs that I've had hanging around for a couple of years sorted out before getting back into the B24 build, which I'd like to finish for the PSSA's May meet.  This includes the Spitfire (fus repairs, flap addition, paint), the Panther (new nose, wing retention re-work), the Sea Hawk (awaiting paint after repair) and the Stuka (re-work wheel retention system, wire up for multi-plug separation).

I've also 3D printed a couple of PSS machines, but more to come on that front.


No comments:

Post a Comment