Tuesday, 11 October 2016

Ilyushin IL-102 build - fuselage and engines

I used the balsa end plates as guides, so that Shona and I could run the hot wire around them.  After a quick lick of the Permagrit block, they looked like this :


That's just gently placed alongside the fuselage, with the tail feathers pinned in place too.


My next big decision is on the wing - whether to make it a one piece wing (making quite a big cut-out into the bottom of the intakes and fuselage), or plug-in onto a spar (increasing weight and alignment complexity).

I have also noticed from looking at pictures this morning that the rear decking taper should be a lot sharper that what I have - easy to put right at this stage thankfully!



No comments:

Post a comment