Tuesday 17 September 2019

Blohm und Voss BV-138c Sea Dragon

I can't remember if I posted about this in the past, but there aren't any labels saved for it, so maybe not?

I've wanted to get going on a decent seaplane build for a while, and when I saw this come up on ebay a few months ago, I had to send a cheeky offer in.  Thankfully I won it, and it's sat in the bottom shed for a couple of months awaiting a clear workspace.  She's too big to fit in the indoors 'shop, so she will be built mostly out in the top shed.  The wings can come in for planking, so it's not too all bad news for her.

A plastic kit of a BV-138c :


It just fit in the van....!


Welcome to your new home :


Posing with it's new owner (me) :


Fast forward 4 months, out of the bottom shed and into fresh air :


Top shed given a good tidy (yes this is very tidy!) :


Up on her side, time for sanding and joint filling :


Securing some planking that's come adrift :


I'm really looking forward to getting this one into a flying state, so much so that today I ordered the power system (3 motors, ESC's and 6s batteries - 3.3kW), and I'm looking at colour schemes.

Hopefully a new and interesting branch to the hobby (to me at least)!


No comments:

Post a Comment